Olivia Jones is a staff writer at Pat Ryan & Associates. She currently studies at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville, Tennessee. While pursuing an undergraduate degree in history, Jones is studying International Relations and Global Security with a regional focus on the Middle East. She is a Baker Ambassador with the Howard H. Baker Center for Public Policy. In conjunction with her major in history and International Relations, Jones has continued her study of the Arabic language. In 2011, she completed an intensive Arabic language immersion program, sponsored by the Pittsburgh Middle East Institute. Olivia has a goal of strengthening international cooperation and security through a career in diplomacy. She is currently a member of the Local Alliance for Mideast Peace. Jones also works with Bridge Refugee Services in the Knoxville area and teaches “English as Second Language” to Iraqi Refugees.
Bridge Refugee Services – ESL tutor
2010 – Current
Tutors a family in the English Language twice a week, and works with an after-school program for refugee children.
Wimberly Lawson Law Firm – Internship
Clerked for the Law Firm.
- American Legion Auxiliary Volunteer Girls State
Delegate – 2009
- Rotary Youth Leadership Academy
Delegate – 2008
- Leadership Putnam Youth Academy
Graduate – 2008
- S.P.E.A.K. Club [Students Promoting Environmental Action and Knowledge]
President 2008 – 2009
- Cookeville Interact Club
Class Representative 2006 – 2008
- President of the Cookeville High School History Honor Society
2009 – 2010
- Member of the Howard H. Baker Center for Public Policy Learning Community
2010 – 2011
- Baker Ambassador Howard H. Baker Center for Public Policy
2011 – Current